Philadelphia Temple Youth Cultural Celebration
Information for the Princeton 1st Ward
It was recently announced that our stake will be part of the new Philadelphia temple district! As a part of that, the youth of all the stakes in the temple district have the opportunity to participate in a youth cultural celebration. Practices will begin in mid-July with most of them being just at our stake level. The day of the performance will be September 17, which will be a full day of rehearsal with a performance in the evening. There will be more information coming, but keep this exciting opportunity in mind!
All youth in the Philadelphia Temple District have been invited to participate in the Youth Cultural Celebration on Saturday, September 17. (This includes all who are currently in the youth program as well as those who will turn 12 by September 17.)
Here is a letter about the cultural celebration as well as a rehearsal schedule. Please note that this schedule does not include rehearsals at the ward level, we will have dates for those soon. Also, here is the music for the two songs the youth will sing:
East Brunswick Stake Youth Activities Facebook Page
- We have created a Facebook page where we will post the most current information regarding the upcoming Youth Cultural Celebration. We will continue to email updates to all local leaders and ask that you communicate information to the youth and their parents. We feel there is value in having a go-to location where youth can find the most current information at any time.
July 4 Deadline: Youth Must Provide Costume Measurements in Order to Register to Participate in the Youth Cultural Celebration
- We need to get a firm count of the number of youth who plan to participate in the Celebration, and we are also required to provide detailed measurements of all participating youth for costumes and t-shirts. We have attached active PDF documents for the youth to fill in their name, unit, and measurements (separate forms for YW and YM). You may choose to have the youth measure themselves at a youth activity, or you may decide to have families handle it at home.
- The measurement form will double as the official registration form for the youth. Completed forms should be emailed to Isabel Constantin: email@example.com. If you opt to fill out hard copies, please mail them to Catherine Foley, 29 Hawthorne Dr., Princeton Junction, NJ 08550.
Artistic and Creative YM and YW Needed!
- We recently learned that our stake is responsible for designing and creating a banner for use during the Cultural Celebration. We are also responsible for planning a two-minute tribute to the Philadelphia area, which will be presented during the Celebration.
- We would like the youth to vote on the theme for our Around-Philadelphia presentation. Please provide the following link to a survey for the youth of the stake. The form will allow them to cast their vote and to express interest in participating on the creative teams for creating the banner and organizing our stake's presentation.
- Google Form
Adult Volunteers Needed for Creative Projects
- If you or anyone you know might be interested in leading or assisting the youth in designing and creating the banner, props, or costumes, please let Catherine Foley know as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org). We could really use additional help. We will potentially need sewers, amateur artists, and people with tool skills (for props).
July 9 Temple Fireside, Lunch, and Rehearsal
- All stake members 12 and up are invited. President and Sister Sikahema of the Cherry Hill Stake have been invited to speak. You may know that President Sikahema was instrumental in getting Philadelphia City approval for the temple to be built there. He also played football for the Philadelphia Eagles and is currently a Philadelphia news anchor.
- 10:00 a.m.-Noon: Fireside
- Noon-12:45: Lunch*
- 12:45-2:45: Dance/music rehearsal
- 2:45-3:15: Planning meeting for any youth interested in helping with the Celebration banner or the Around-Philadelphia presentation
- *Lunch will be provided for the youth and for any ward/branch youth leaders who will be staying for the Cultural Celebration dance rehearsal. The youth should wear comfortable, modest clothing and shoes (keeping in mind that we will be in the chapel and then rehearsing afterwards).
- Here is a typed out schedule for your convenience (there is one local level rehearsal added here, but more will be coming):
- Wednesday June 22 at 7pm-rehearsal at our ward building as a combined activity with the other Princeton wards.
- Saturday July 9 from 12:45-2:45 at the stake center- this is following a temple fireside and bagged lunch starting at 10 am
- Saturday July 16-Regional level at the Cherry Hill stake center with time to be decided
- Saturday August 6-Regional level at the Cherry Hill stake center with time to be decided
- Saturday August 27 3pm-5pm-at the Freehold building
- Saturday September 10-tentative rehearsal date
Not an official church website. Contact Paul Cuff.